Nov 1, 2007

Boy Watching

I am smirking since day before yesterday: I can't wipe it off my face and people around me find it very amusing. Why? Remember, my clock is ticking? So momzie dearest decides to set her darling up for matrimony- boy watching is happening, emails sending photos, inviting for chats etc...

One thing that I have observed in all this matrimonial madness, is that the boy is always handsome, smart and successful- like most are on Orkut - Mirror cracking materials (lol) pun intended.

Initially, I thought it would torture me to see boy pics on the net, select them after horoscopes have been matched, there will be stigma attached blah blah blah... but this is fun. In fact the poor boys have become a part of the 'poke fun' hour- the bait in the game.loudmouth, momzie and I get to analyse the boys from his- pic, resume, to his orkut profile... we sound bitchy sometimes but mostly hilarious! She tells me of her 'marriage days' and the kind of boys she met etc... it's crazy funny and we all end up talking into the midnight.

Loudmouth is particularly nasty to NRI boys with high paying jobs, car, place of his own all in the middle of a desert! Why didn't they mention that as well?” Childmom said something equally funny about a boy from Mumbai, with sarcastic sense of humour, into some jargon filled job, with keen interest in multiple extra-curricular activities! And so on, then there are the ones she likes- nice parents, better looking boy, good family, education, a particular city, hobbies etc...

Yesterday, I was amusing monkey baby by barking at her and making funny animal sounds - which is a common 'i am excited and in a funny mood' behaviour. Spectator to the madness of my noise and hers, Momzie stood in the doorway and said-- “I will just pray that ur Mr. Perfect is either blind to ur madness, enjoys it, or is equally mad!” I jumped to answer -Inshallah!

Life for a single girl parading herself for the marital business doesn't seem that bad either... :~))

P.S I want to share the details with Monarch but he refuses to pick up calls (even from his mom!) and i am so worried n pissed. My birthday is a week away and my 'to-do' list is not ready, but my 'gifts to myself' are in full form (:~D) moreover, they are perfectly appreciated by the Quilt dwellers! I am so kicked to turn a quarter of a century old!