Nov 11, 2007

Pour in the Cosmopolitans!

… and the Manhattans, sambucas, tequilas, strawberry martini, bloody mary and kaipiroska… all my spirits rise… Quarter of a century has passed!

My Birthday (06'11) took the center spot, didn’t sleep a wink for 28 hours and wasn’t pissed at all. All my friends called; people who I like and don’t like so much wished me a blast. Lost forgotten acquaintances called, scrapped and messaged. So from early midnight to 2:30 am I was glued to replay “Thanks a ton darling!”, when pork sausage called, I was surprised and super happy that he hadn’t forgotten my b’day as expected (not that I would be sad otherwise). We had a frank “okay this is what I feel right now” conversation for an hour (which will mean zilch by morn or the next time we meet) and I hung up as d cell phone battery gave up on me.

The last call after I put on charge was at 4:30 am, post my shower was of talk-a-thon and we almost cried (I miss her so much sometimes that it hurts …) as usual we made stay over plans which got postponed the very next day. The second sweetest thing to happen was that her boyfriend smsed and that was the 1st time in a year and half that we spoke, I haven’t met him, so I called back promptly and he replied, "talk-a-thon misses u like hell, so I couldn’t help but wish"…I was so touched by the gesture that I wanted to sms her and ask her to marry him right away (no, I didn’t do any of that, thankfully!) 5:30 am we were at the ganesh mandir and did an hour long birthday Puja, when I walked out of the temple I saw the dawn, just as I always want to.

Throughout the day I received wishes, exciting, expensive and super useful gifts. Demeter gave me three gifts out of which the L’Oreal crème is blissful. Monarch send me his patent flowers and cake (none of which I like) and I have made that clear for the past three years, but he isn’t a listener. Drama King sent a huge bouquet of crimson roses to office and I got those looks from people (hmm… secret admirer, lucky bitch etc...) I found it dramatic and embarrassing but clearly enjoyed it. Also received ‘marry me’ return gifts from my dude-pals (I really want to write about this, maybe I will eventually).

Returned home, went for an aarti, performed it myself; mom made favourite dinner and then left to meet the wise-capitalist. Style Icon called – his was the last but one call of the day, I was travelling and hence couldn’t hear clearly, my rick guy didn’t know the way and we were almost lost. However, I was happiest to hear his voice and his were the best wishes I could have asked for throughout the day- it was my heart’s desire that the cosmos sent thru with him. He is really my icon of sorts.

I waited for that one important person to call me (she was the only on left!) and it was 10 pm and my phone didn’t still ring in her name; so I called her. Reminded her to wish me and she laughed louder and longer. Soul sister was waiting for my frustration levels to rise and then call—such a crook! But we had a long conversation and a very mutually satisfying one. We miss each other- our lives are like a power house of action but we are the 1st to open a bottle of champagne and write tributes to each other. Plus, we have always been there- on the phone, in person, in telepathy… when in crisis I contemplate what she or the Wise-capitalist would have done (they are almost perfect and never ever wrong!). So we had our usual Diwali henna session and by 01:30 am, I was done. Am content with the blessings, the prayers and the ‘babes, u got to do it’!

Style Icon on my next b’day, we are going to paint the city rainbow together, PROMISE.

ps. black pearl, wise-capitalist, tutor, the man, sunshine, kaka boy, taurea, pork sausage, rapunzel, ice, bitch-face, demeter, twinkley, turban king,mole on the lip, monarch, dolfi, child mom, talk-a-thon, callcenter-boy, dead monk, straight talk, adi, loud mouth, chameleon, jaw breaker, soul sister, insipid grin, thin pin, mokshi, chitooo and the rest.... THANK YOU