Oct 1, 2007

Those Girls!

I want to know the girls whose fairy tales come true. Meet the ones who got married to school sweethearts. Stay with all the ‘we fell in love against our parents wish’ happy couples. I want to see how genuinely happy they are!

Some people are plain lucky- like the wise capitalist- she found her bull to matador. There wasn’t any serious opposition and I won’t call them perfect: their's is a stock market love affair. Fairy tale for some and an ‘I haven’t a clue’ for others. Apart from her, I don’t know a happy couple who has lived a cherry on the cake marriage.Beach boy’s parents had a love marriage and are happy: he says so. Rest of the bunch is separating, getting divorced or gotten divorced.

Child mom made an emphatic statement, “It’s because of the egos’, everybody is equal so no ones ready to bend.” Maybe; no one wants to walk the rocky road with foot sores- we just want everything for the better- not worse.

Q: In the age of multiple choices and Hubble’, can a Katherine have a happily ever after?

Fruity’s getting engaged and her college lover boy will turn fiancé in a month and a half. She has a theatrical story to narrate to her kids.When I heard of it; I had the jitters. (chicken me) My 1st Q was ‘WOW, how did she manage to stay in the glass palace and not get caught or be judged. Did it never occur to her that she was going to be ripped apart by the 1st row critics in the fashion show?’

Wise capitalist says if it’s any solace; tell her I have been there! The charm and the confidence with which she dismissed that judgement is admirable.

Would her marriage be the fairytale it looks to me, from my coveted single corner? I know I would be alive to see the ‘big changes’ but I pray that it does remain a dream she conceived.

Not only because I need to believe but also because it’s calming to have someone you love, to love you back in your menopausal 50’s. Love then is a luxury that most people sold out too cheap.

Go Fruity, be that girl!