Jan 8, 2008

Saturday - Glossy Saturday

Apart from all the good stuff in Goa - the temporary joy dampener was an official call that really put me off for a long while and on the landing day in Mumbai - the delayed flight was such a stress raiser. However, i observed, when you are traveling with an infant, the airport authorities and co-passengers are super nice to u, in turn you garner a lot of (wanted/unwanted) attention.

Beach boy called and I was inches away from telling him that i felt like smooching the cuteness out of him - men can be so funny, vulnerable and naive at the same time that sometimes its impossible to not love them. This was one such moment.

Being back at home felt like i had returned after a month long vacation or so. But being back to office, it was a little annoying - apart from the natural frowns and work mess- ups; I had to remind everyone that i had taken a three day leave! Three days felt like eternity to them, also because there was a lot of work and maybe a worst time to escape it. Demeter was a darling throughout. After multiple panic attacks, and SMS exchanges - the poor thing had my heart going out to her. By the 3rd evening - i felt like shit for not being there, as mountains crashed on her. Neway, i prayed for only good to come out of this extended mess. Actually I am still praying.

Now that lip tuck had landed, i was sure we were going to have hell of a time - but it was Rubbish. Thought Saturday would be a big day with too many plans and things to work on. I traveled to the other end of the city only to realise the lady in question was a dimwit! After two hours, i knew i was wasting my time and nothing fruitful would come of the same. After my cordial plastic goodbye, Lip tuck called and amidst my dying phone I promised to meet him. I was pre-running how our meeting was going to turn out (with “I am-so-happy-to-see-you” hugs and chats and fun things). However he turned in a hour late - making me wait for two hours flat. In the middle of all this I was making n receiving calls from Androgyny and Parrot beak on the sat night plans. When he entered the cafe, he was like a smelling sea, an escaped marine animal or something. The last minute work on the ship had gotten him in trouble, i had waited long, so another hour of catching up would be nice.

Nope, i was wrong - we didn't have much to talk, i yapped about checking out guys and he did about the girls he saw and the fact that nothing clicked. I know that Lip tuck is an average joe, but it still quizzed me how could he be so average about the goals of his life? He remarked that he would be married by 30! Ya, sure whatever. How can u say that the perfect person will arrive at 30? He quizzed me, why not? And I like a volcano burst out - i didn't want to marry these dull Brahmin' NRI's, what was I going to do with their penthouses and money? Eat it? Sleep with it? Hold them and cry when I am low? What is the point of a marriage when, the couple is not in touch with the needs of his/her partner?

I think I intimidated him - I do that to a lot of people, I guess. They find it funny to listen to my values in matrimony, and mockingly they say, “dream on girl, dream on!” Whatever. I have resolved to never marry an idiot. Period.

I rushed back home to pick up Enlightened and went half way through town clubbing. We met Androgyny and his queen pins (Enlightened dosent consider androgyny as one - he retorted "u have to be blind not to see such an open display of sexuality". I still refuse to accept that he maybe right.), had fun and thats all there was to say. Drama King was supposed to join us but he couldn't. Before we entered this Parmeshewar Godrej designed pub (Squeeze), Enlightened rolled his rocket ears.

I was feeling funny and happy at the same time. It remind me of a Nazi joke... (what do u call a Jew with a gas cylinder on his back? An addict!) we weren't Jews but can't say we were far away from becoming them. The crowd was decent and we were dancing in juvenile circles near the bar - no, I didn't mind it but never the less it felt childish. Drama King dedicated this famous song “beautiful girl, u make me suicidal” for me; it was super cute and so charming. :) All in all, we entered, had fun and left within a good deadline.

p.s I couldn't help but observe that a guy adjoining us was gyrating his crotch in a petite looking twit with stilettos. I found it amusing n ugly at the same time.