Jan 4, 2008

The euphoria called Goa!

Spending the yearly transition in Goa was a much awaited act. And now with my newly acquired tan - a very satisfying one as well! Chameleon, Wise capitalist, Monkey Baby, Enlightened, Bimbo, Dark horse and Moi, had a blast (in the truest sense of the word). :))

The D'day 31st DEC was spent chilling with umpteen number of goof-ups. We headed for Candolim after breakfast and Chameleon being in his holiday mood forgot to carry our bags. So we were out of clothes, standing on the beach like thirsty rabid dogs. But then man-made saviour called shopping saved us. My bikini, singlet, shorts, all of it was shopped in a blink. However Monkey baby fell sick with some infection that led to a rash, making her extremely irritated and ferocious. However, we could bear all frustration courtesy the chilled villa by the sea. The private pool was my favorite feature. As the city started to rock by late evening, we were a little down on our energies, for one we were still having dinner by 11 pm. Reaching the pub would swallow the stroke of midnight; and if that were to happen, I would be super disappointed. Also for certain I didn't want to dance my head off. I wanted to just be and have some crazy romantic time by myself. So as I ducked out, Enlightened and Wise-cap did the same. The rest went on a long head-banging party at this hip place called Butter.

Enlightened (E) made the best time of everything we had- primarily coz he was by himself and super organised (completely independent and ready to get into the gear at the word go!). Somewhere around 11:45, we started to roll, smoke and talk - its a must mention that E and I have the best, intelligent and the most fruitful conversations I have had with a man in years! We spoke of all the impulse driven acts that we want to do and suddenly in the midst of euphoria, we became so sensitive to everything around us. Be it the breeze, smell of the warm sea, the edge of the portico we were sitting on- I could feel my breath and the best of all - my body, the tingling sensation on the tip of my fingers, the smoke leaving my lips sensitising the nerves around my mouth, the instant release of desires; be it eating chocolate or strawberry and the awareness that the moment was now, here and with E by my side. 30 seconds later i was swimming in the pool, 5 minutes later I was wishing Happy New Year! It was everything I wanted to do, it was on my wish list: midnight, me and a brilliant blue pool to myself. I was swimming laps after laps under a crescent moon with a mind and body that never felt more alive! Floating in the temporality of infinite joy!
Welcome 2008- I know u are going to be terrific.