Dec 15, 2007

The week that was- 4

Apart from the regular nonsense, i felt humiliated in a peanut way by the obvious 'wrong choice' of attire for Fruity's engagement. I mean what was I even thinking? Apart from the fiascoes (unlisted here) that made up the entire day- i was out of my mind. I just didn't dress as per the occasion. I was wearing a wonderful traditional fuchsia kurti with Donna's Denims and boots, the disaster is yet to come- paired it all with yellow gold jewellery! It didn't make me look complete in anyway and definitely not up for the event; in fact it was presumed that i had attended some other prior to this one. At that moment i didn't even mind feigning that in fact i had. Although I got over it then, it flashed in my face after the current Kareena-critic over wearing a casual dress for Shobha Asar's jewellery exhibition. (Ps. I really like some of her uncut diamond sets. Traditional Indian jewellery from the Rajwada (royal collection) is almost sinful.). Wearing the right dress for the right occasion and pairing it with the right accessories never felt so important- this faux pas is really embarrassing.

Chameleon isn't well. That shook me for a fragment till i met him-- its was'nt that bad, just the usual unhealthy lifestyle repercussion. But the fact that he is lifelong on medication to manage his immune system upsets me. We are so diseased (read: not at ease) today that it's almost become a normality. Like asthma is as casually taken as common cold; i remember my grandma scolding me for having a chronic cold- it was a big thing for her. She would get aid to eradicate the germs that cause cold from my very system. Things aren't the same any more- benadryl is more of a junkie drug than medication. And every ailment is treated with a band aid. None of it helps in the long run. Cure like its seed is within us, even the worst disorders can be cured by ur immune system. In fact a disease is a way of our body trying to draw attention to a deficiency that needs to be taken care of. For example all spinal disorders arise from an acute emotional dis-satisfaction. All diabetics are prone to thinking too much which affects the mind and in turn the body. All diseases are psychosomatic. The seed and the cure lies in the mind- so its best to find the root and get rid of it. As simple as that!

A balanced mind will lead to a healthy body.