Dec 27, 2007

Standing Put

For a couple of days have been down with work and laziness. Since Elightened is here, all i do is spend all the little time i have with him. I like Elightenedgenuinely; we are on the same wavelength, and on a similar plane of wisdom- we bond like there is no tomorrow and although we have been apart for years, it never feels so. Our chats go on late into the night, on topics like cosmic consciousness and music. I wanted him to meet Sunshine and that happened as planned- we met for dinner and parted at an obscene 2 am, time literally flew as we spoke on an array of subjects. I was happy that they liked each other.

The better part was the next day, Christmas was my day to take him out to a popular suburban place. So it would be! I scheduled our itinerary and decided to stay glued, till the wise capitalist called- i was happier as i wanted her to meet Breeze and absorb some of his cool nature! Problem was that she fucked my schedule- her prime suggesting involved her in the center-- so i was okay till i could mould my way back and forth to rearrange it to suit her. So we chucked two plans and head straight as she had to be back for an appointment. At the suburban joint- she came along with the Chameleon, everything was fine till i realised that they were spending unneccessary amount of time there when, we had six other places to go to. As we moved out, it was time for her to go. She couldn't cancel it, so she and chameleon insisted that we tag long and finish her stuff and return. In the freaking B'bay traffic with their stamina, i knew we weren't kming back or doing anything on the schedule. So, I politely asked her to continue with Elightened till i finish my things for the day. That blasted her top with, “what's wrong with u?” when i told her that everything was pending, she in her convenient style blamed it on me. That tipped me off completely. I was willing to forgo my plans after some bickering, but now- No. I stood my ground and as they both chowed on me- i said a firm NO. That is when breeze literally breezed in-- and asked them to not pick on me. Wise capitalist and Chameleon decided to leave and I was comfortable with that. Elightened and I spend the evening together (me bitching away to glory about how this is not the first time and how I have to pose angry or they will walk over me... blah blah shit) and on the way finished one of our chores. The list was satiated and the schedule followed, as we returned home by close to midnight.

An hour after the argument Wise capitalist called to check on us and i gave her full dope on where we were.Later Chameleon called and in his sick sense of humour asked if 'my nerves were back in my body' - sometimes i miss my mad self- i miss slapping people or giving them the needed 'what the fuck r u talking, you moron?' look but i went verbal and he safely said that he would call later.

I wasn't happy about what happened, and in my quintessential Gandhian way i said- “I hate fights- i hate to get pissed. I don't like this anger - making a scene on the road; shit- i simple hate it, Elightened”. Later as i was thinking - i needed to tell myself that i wasn't responsible for their bad decisions and illogical thought at all. I was responsible for my word, for myself and my emotions. There was nothing beyond that; and here i was handing them over the right to make me angry- doing something that was not i at all. So i looked at myself and instantly reviewed how i had fared - i knew i had done well.