Jul 27, 2007

Shifting Ground

It's very painful when the man you know, admire and love the most is not really the man you want to bed, marry or wake up with 20 years down the line.
I am at the signpost of distanced, crippled with infinite unnamed loved and cold fright:


I am afraid of another woman
I am.
I love you without thought:
Your tenderness packaged in a stuffed red rose-To avert allergy,
The black mamba soft toy-to avert danger.
Your care pinches me
Even as I guiltlessly change
Calendar pages.
I love you more than a man/ woman
But you can’t be just ‘the one’
My fairy-tale's hedious prince.
I will hold your carpel tunnel hands in mine.
Kiss your balding head,
Ignore your East Indian propaganda.
However I can’t rummage my tongue in your maxillofacial jaw.
I love you and will hurt you: just to hold you.
I will keep you away from another woman
I am afraid you will fall in love
I am afraid you will like it.
I am afraid you will forget—
You scorn me,
I use my power on you.
I want you to have a garden,
Have a swing on the porch
Conduct Tai Kwan Do classes.
I want you to make me Thai curry
However, only once a year.