Mar 8, 2008

Hmmm...to stay or leave?

Hmmmm.... my fav Enlighten called yesterday and I was more than thrilled that he did so! but something he said made me ponder - about this blog; child mom, torch, jawbreaker, moss (the other day ) told me about being personal in a public space. for some reason, me voicing my likings (which i know r a little off-beat) on this platform is not being appreciated. last time torch asked me why a 'certain some man' was mentioned here - "what does that prove?" nothing actually, i remarked, "yes but the name is there. get it off or get ur name off." or when on a particularly 'opinionated post' jaw-breaker warned, "dude, these places are pull-up zones, why do u want to voice here - sala problems ho sakte hai."

then the very clear Child mom spoke - " See, i love u, but i don't think you are on the same wavelength as most - i appreciate that u don't write ur mind 'carbon copied' (that would make the world throw a fit!) but i think u should shut this shop, u are too dammed people centered - and very obvious that too. People will not take it as 'oh, she feels this today - tomorrow she will grow from this too (yes, most don't follow the 'shedding-skin' philosophy) - No, they will say 'hey, she has this to say about me, or how can she feel this way?' they will question and then distance and they will not understand.' K do u understand?" the concern in her voice as almost boiling with care.


Yes, i do! i mean these are the people who encourage me to move away from my forged title to who i was - 'own up - chicken' is what the monk said (he still says so) but i think others have moved out and seen the wise side of not voicing yourself for the sake of a third party's attention and judgement. then again, how does a third party matter? And if my loved ones will not know the 'real' me who will? (whats with me and single quotation marks)

*long Sigh* i am thinking - they maybe right and i maybe wrong or is it vice verse?
Grrrr... i so don't like this!