Aug 31, 2007

Time

I will slowly die
Wither away,
In arms unknown.
In a woman’s world
In Polygamy,
In diversity.
Without Patriarchy.

With tea parties and dinner toasts,
long silk dresses and empire waistlines--
Things will remain similar.

With talks of an impotent past
And struggle for a better society.
With trimmed hair growing long
And vice-verse,
Things will remain the same.

With description going Dadaist;
To margins taking the centre stage.
With a short lived love stories
And distant distinguished lovers.
Things won’t change.

My man,
My woman,
Fidelity: - never lasted for me.

Born of a lineage so proud,
Submitted to work so hard,
Breathe through every sigh n smile,
Every whimper and laughter;
Every kiss cherished,
Every comfort felt,
Every luxury used.

Still fear lurks in the allies of my soul,
Every time I look into the mirror,
Every time a new writer is born,
Every time I look back at my empty house.
Every time I think of everyone in history.

Living on a floating cloud
Scares you only
When it begins to rain.