Feb 3, 2008

Terrible Child

The monk called me that last evening – I can’t deny that I am not one.

however, when is the right time to give up your childish dreams, forsake the teddy bear, or stop reading romance? “Either you dream about the real world or live in it.” - Monk's ‘get out of the box and get real’ gyaan, made me reflect,in its most serious definition.

I have fought it ferociously for years now, a certain part of me never wants to grow up, never own responsibility, be needy and remain a leech – something in yesterday’s conversation changed all of that. Between espressos, the vacuum sucked me in, causing a lonely space that I am not sure if I could live with – but I knew I wanted to be friends with that confinement.

I am not Jaw- breaker and I can’t get away by saying, “U know me na, main asi hi hoon. I know it’s terrible and I hate it too but I am super needy and cribby. What to do, I love u na.” I can’t be that – I am not that.

If I am not that and can’t be happy with this – what is that I am seeking? I need to choose my side now. And as i did today morn, I only pray that I don’t do a bad job of it.

Yes, its time to shed this skin.