Aug 15, 2009

Poetics of Wisdom


I learnt, when in the final year of Masters, that everything i perceived as original till that moment was, in fact a product of time past. My so called spurts of wisdom, creativity, intelligence and counter catechisms - were in fact already expressed in different and sometimes much better forms. Hence everything that has to be written is already written, even what I’m about to write.

I think thoughts from a borrowed consciousness,
the same that existed before my electronic or paper notebook arrived.

They were captured and then extinguished
like mine will be when the blog dies,
when the book decays.
Then sometime a million years later
when modes of expressions have deferred and differed
someone will think my thoughts
thoughts that were borrowed from a consciousness
before mine.

As Soul sista often teaches me - all expression must be made, irrespective of its audience, devoid of failure or success. Some thoughts are heard soon, some later; some just float for generations and build the rule-book of time.